Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Double Digits

Bruce is ten days old today!

Chris and I took our shifts with the baby, and I slept on and off from 2 a.m. until 1 p.m., getting up every 2.5-3 hours to feed the baby, but going right back to sleep. Chris went to softball this evening and played two games at Twin Creeks. Jessyka and Sarah came over while he was at softball and sweet Mary brought us dinner. It was so nice not having to keep Bruce on the bili blanket and it was relaxing to have Jessyka and Sarah take turns pacing in the living room with Bruce to keep him quiet, and I could just sit back and relax!

Bruce is a hungry little guy, stretching out his feedings to take 40-45 minutes each now, but has longer stretches of being awake. When he finally naps, he's out for a good 2 full hours before eating again. To my amazement, I've been able to start a crochet blanket for a friend! I thought it would be a loooong time before I got to knit or crochet again. Thanks little man for letting mama get in some crafting time.

Chris is finally asleep after being up since 1 a.m. last night. I hope Bruce cooperates with me for the next 6-8 hours while we're on our own so I can get in a little crafting time and maybe a nap too.

Something no one told me was that these postpartum hormones sometimes come out of nowhere and one minute I feel like my normal self, and the next, a surge of "oh my gosh, how lucky am I to have this little boy in my life, I love him so much" feelings come up and before I know it, I'm crying. I was prepared for the baby blues or missing being pregnant, but that's not what I feel like at all. I just feel love and amazement that I have a son. I feel like every time I wake up from a nap and he's there, I get a sweet little surprise. I know he's not going anywhere, and he's mine forever, but I can't help but still be amazed every single time. Chris handed Bruce to me while he brushed his teeth before bed, and when he came back, I was holding the baby against my chest and tears were rolling down my face. Motherhood is more amazing than I thought possible. I've only known this little guy for 10 days and now I can't imagine my life without him.

4 comments:

  1. Wow...I have been following you since you had your other blog. Labpuglecchi? The baby is adorable. I love that your still blogging. Do you still have all your wonderful patterns? I would love to use some of them for my charity work. Blessings to your and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you so much! Wow, a long time follower! I have that blog still, but it's just private to me since I saw people using my patterns and selling the finished products =( I haven't updated it in years. Do you know which patterns you wanted? I can e-mail them to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline! Thanks so much..I used the cupcake hat and the santa hat, but cannot seem to find them. I may have lent them to someone in my church. I only use for charity never for profit. Your such a talented designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. forgot my email..Deebriese@yahoo.com.
    Im sorry people were selling your patterns, Very Sad!

    ReplyDelete

Love, advice, questions and comments always welcome.