Tuesday, May 14, 2013

"Even though we ain't got money, I'm so in love with ya honey..."

We may be years away from buying our own house, only live in 900something square feet, and live on one income, but I can tell you what I do have.

A man who loves me with all his heart, who is happy and fulfilled, pursuing his own career and personal goals. He has been my best friend for over 10 years, my husband for almost 3, and the father of our son for only 6 weeks, but with each new title, he surprises me more and more. He is kind, loving and gentle. He is my rock and my comfort. He questions me and drives me crazy, but he also makes me laugh until I cry and does the silliest things to remind me not to take anything too seriously.




A son who I love with all my being. I love the smell of his hair and baby's breath, his ever so soft feet, and the smiles I get at 5 a.m. I love that we listen to music and dance in the kitchen while I eat breakfast one-handed and Chris is still sound asleep. I always pick him up when I see him fuss or cry with his pouty lip, even though I know he doesn't need anything but mama cuddles.





A career I absolutely love in which women place their trust in me on the best day of their lives to help them become mothers. If I have to leave my baby to go to work, this is the only place I'd want to be.

(It's the best place to work on New Year's Eve!)

The happiness my husband and son bring me are priceless. Maybe some day we'll live in a big house of our own, but right now, I'll take this little home we've made, with all the love inside it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, advice, questions and comments always welcome.