Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lots of Firsts

Bruce's first restaurant outing was to BJ's in Cupertino two nights ago.

He slept the whole time.

I had caesar salad (with raw eggs in the dressing!) and ahi poke. Two things I have missed for months!



Last night, while Chris was at softball, Bruce and I went on our first adventure, just the two of us. It was to Barnes and Noble which is less than a mile away from home. We browsed some knitting books, bought some baby books, had a soy chai and drove back home.

I bought two baby books when I found out I was pregnant - a baby name book and What To Expect When You're Expecting. Well, we looked at both books for about, oh, 4 minutes total. Anything after 20 weeks of pregnancy, I pretty much knew about, and while we did think about taking a childbirth class, didn't end up doing it and I never bought books on childbirth. Well, what I should have been doing was buying books and reading about newborn care because this is a whole new world! While nannying through college has helped a lot (took care of quite a few infants), it's so different being the mom. I bought Dr. Sears' The Vaccine Book and What To Expect The First Year. Hopefully I can fill my brain with baby knowledge!

Today Bruce had his first appointment with the pediatrician. We see Dr. Carlino and she's wonderful! He weighs 8 pounds 10 ounces now - 9 ounces above his birth weight and he was supposed to be back to his birth weight at 2 weeks of age, which was only 4 days ago! Grow baby grow! He's also growing longer - 21 inches now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, advice, questions and comments always welcome.