Friday, September 6, 2013

Hello, world! Apparently I've been very busy since going back to work because I haven't written a single post since! It's been bittersweet going back to work - I love being a labor and delivery nurse and having adult conversations, but I miss my boys so much when I'm gone. Bruce makes Chris work really hard at night too =)

Since my last post I've transitioned back to work and we moved. We are in the same complex as before, but now on a first floor unit, have an extra bathroom and our own washer and dryer. What did we ever do before our own washer and dryer?!

We've only been in our new place for a week and I'm loving it so far. I had just started the busy part of my work schedule with the move so everything is still a mess. Today begins my almost 2.5 week vacation from work! I saved some of my maternity leave so I'm taking a portion of it now. Our goal is to sleep (!!!), organize our new apartment, learn how to make home cooked meals again, and help transition Bruce to sleeping in a crib. He and I have been co-sleeping since he was about 2 weeks old, but that makes the nights I work hard for Chris.

I will try to keep blogging (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I've said it before), but if you want quicker updates on us, follow me on Instagram: hugscaroline.

I've become quite the hippy/crunchy/granola mama. Bruce wears his baltic amber necklace, we cloth diaper, I breastfeed and wear him (Ergo carrier and with our new woven wrap) and we're delaying solids until he's 6 months old and will go straight to soft foods (aka - baby led weaning/baby led solids) and skip purees and baby cereal. I believe everyone does the best they can, and as we learn more, we adjust our parenting to give the best to our baby.

It's 6:41 a.m. and I've been awake for 2 hours (my body doesn't know what to do with more than 5 hours of continuous sleep), and Chris is up...has yet to go to sleep. I'll throw some beef stew into the crock pot and hopefully unpack one box before Bruce wakes up. I'm so excited for my 2+ weeks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love, advice, questions and comments always welcome.